People ask if we detail in cold weather?
- Well sort of, between 32 to 40 degrees its very marginal for the performance of most of the products we use. Bellow 40 we are limited to only the interior.
- 40 to 50 degrees seems to let most products work, but not always at their best. Smearing, streaking, long dry times are the most common problems.
- 50 degrees seems to be the turning point. Everything seems to work fairly good and the streaking, smearing, long dry times are greatly reduced.
- 60 degrees is when it gets back to normal. Products work like they are supposed to and I’m comfortable.
- In case you haven’t guessed, If it’s 43 degrees and blowing 30 miles an hour, I don’t have much interest in going anywhere.
- I do heat some of my chemicals up that helps them work better and because my hands are in the bucks of the chemicals I don’t freeze.
- It also gets dark quicker and I bring lights out to light up the area that I am working in too.
We have a limited number of detail slots open between now & Christmas & New Year’s. The detailing slots will close, as we get bad & colder weather and are forced to reschedule appointments. Last year, all the slots went fast! So, book now before all the slots are gone!
Amarillo is east of Albuquerque 285 miles or 4 hours away on I40. I know the festival is over for this year but if your planing on camping for next year, you should plan now and book your reservations now before they are all filled up. Amarillo can be your last leg of your trip to Albuquerque and can be the perfect time to get your Coach or Camper washed. This time of the year we get 2 to 3 weeks out on our schedule, So even if you don’t know witch RV park your staying at you should book now. You will get a conformation and 3 day before your schedule you will get a reminder by then you can add what RV park your staying at. This way you can secure your wash slot now before all the slots are gone. If you’re looking at staying in Amarillo I have provided a map with all the RV parks in the Amarllo Area:
If you’re like me when staying in another town, you like to eat at some local restaurants that the locals eat. I have listed them here for you on this map: