People are asking why there are not posts and we have been closed since the beginning of the year?
I am a one man shop and on Christmas day 2018, I suffered a stroke. My stroke is what is called a left pons stroke, this is where the brain connects to the spinal cord. The stroke did not affect any part of my memory, thinking or speech. It did however affect my entire right side of my body. I have had to relearn how to swallow, walk and use my right hand. I have come a long ways from the begging of the year. I can now walk with a cane and have full use of my hands. I am going thru therapy several times a week. Our current goals is to do away with my cane and getting my full vision back. I am hopping to have this all done by the middle of April and be back to detailing. When this happens I will make a big announcement and will have a grand reopening.
People ask if we detail in cold weather?
- Well sort of, between 32 to 40 degrees its very marginal for the performance of most of the products we use. Bellow 40 we are limited to only the interior.
- 40 to 50 degrees seems to let most products work, but not always at their best. Smearing, streaking, long dry times are the most common problems.
- 50 degrees seems to be the turning point. Everything seems to work fairly good and the streaking, smearing, long dry times are greatly reduced.
- 60 degrees is when it gets back to normal. Products work like they are supposed to and I’m comfortable.
- In case you haven’t guessed, If it’s 43 degrees and blowing 30 miles an hour, I don’t have much interest in going anywhere.
- I do heat some of my chemicals up that helps them work better and because my hands are in the bucks of the chemicals I don’t freeze.
- It also gets dark quicker and I bring lights out to light up the area that I am working in too.
We have a limited number of detail slots open between now & Christmas & New Year’s. The detailing slots will close, as we get bad & colder weather and are forced to reschedule appointments. Last year, all the slots went fast! So, book now before all the slots are gone!