Removing pet hair can be one of the most challenging things as a detailer. We have 4 tools that we use. Starting with the most aggressive, The Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover I call it the ugly stick. This tool is great on carpet but do not get it close to plastic as it will scratch the plastic. This tool will remove the most of the pet hair with out much effort.
The Next tool that we use is a little less aggressive and safe with plastic is the Rubber pet Hair Removal Brush. This will get you next to plastic edges to remove hair with out scratching the plastic. It will require a little more work and a few passes to remove all the hair.
After we have used both of these tools we go back over our spots with a shop vac and suck all the lose hair in to our vac. Now most of the hair can be easily vacuumed up.
Now 99% of all the hair has been removed, We go back with rubber gloves and pick out individual hair that are tough to remove and pick them out as the hair will stick to the gloves.
Here is a video on how to use all these tools:
This is the spray wax that we use on all our washes where we do not use a paste wax on.
The search for the perfect quick detail spray is perhaps an endless pursuit. A “quick detailer” can mean many different things to many different people. Personally, I don’t use QD sprays for cleaning as I find rinse less washing to be more effective and it feels more safe, so I prefer to save these QD sprays for use as a drying aid or for a post wash wipe down to boost protection, add gloss, increase slickness, and clean up any residual water droplets that I may have missed while drying.
I decided to give Meguiar’s D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax a try after reading many satisfied reviews on it. This product is said to enhance gloss and protection, while also being easy to use… sounds like a winning combination.
I have used this product on both wet and dry surfaces, and have been very pleased in every instance. I typically mist the product onto a damp panel as I am drying, and then wipe it off with my drying towel. D156 adds noticeable slickness and wipes away easily without streaking or smearing. As with most quick detail spray, less is more, so you only need a light mist of product onto the panel. It took me no more than 10 minutes to go over my own cars, and the end result looked great. Very little effort, no mess, and a great shine.
If you’re looking for a great quick detailer that is effortless to use, looks great, and helps to boost the appearance and protection of your vehicle, Meguiar’s D156 may be just what you need. It is sold in a 128 oz (1 gallon) size and is a ready-to-use (RTU) product, therefore no dilution is required. I also highly recommend picking up a Meguiar’s D156 spray bottle and chemical resistant sprayer to go along with it.
This is a tool that we do not use too often, but we do use it on a car that we have never washed before and going to wax or on a very dirty car. We also use it on a heavily bug plastered car too. The main benefit is that you can pre-soak your vehicle with shampoo without the need to touch your paint. This allows the surfactants in the shampoo to start lifting contamination from the surface of your vehicle, which can also speed up the wash process.
Here is a video on foaming a car
Some of you know how loud our generator is. We this is no more. We have upgraded our generator. Our new generator is quieter, provides more power, lighter and is more fuel efficient. This mean you may not even hear us detailing your car. Plus we can run more equipment at the same time witch means we can clean quicker.
We are still working on how this generator will be placed in our trailer but, for the time being we have decided not to mount this in our trailer like our older generator. This means that our equipment in the trailer will stay cooler, but may mean a slower setup time. We are still working this all out. We will have pictures soon of our new setup.
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine is a true breakthrough in car care. It’s a multi-purpose product that serves as a rinseless wash, a quick detailer, and a clay lubricant, depending on how much water you add. You don’t have to be a chemist to formulate your own excellent car care products; just follow the directions on the bottle! Plus, this product does not require rinsing. You can conserve water and still get your vehicle beautifully clean!
How ONR Works
How to use ONR
We Get a lot of request from people to look at our trailer. So Here we go:
There is a list of specs at the bottom of the photos.
- Air Compressor – 6.5 CFM @ 90 PSI – 5 Gallon + 2 11 Gallon Tanks for Total of 27 Gallons of air
- Air Quick Connect is also a air filter & regulator
- Trailer cooling fans are to cool the air compressor & water pump and force the heat out of the fully enclosed trailer
- Power Wash Pump – Regulated down to 1600 PSI safe for any car wash
- 65 Gallon Water Tank – gives us enough water for 4 to 6 Washes or 1 RV We fill it with filtered water
- Water Tap – gives us a easy way to fill our buckets on site from the tank and is used to fill the tank
- Power Panel – This allows us to turn on & off the water pump, Fans & Air Compressor as needed
- 4K Watt Generator – Gives us the power to run all of our tools
- Pull Out Bucket Tray – This holds 4 Buckets: 2 for the Wheels & 2 For the washing the car
- Trailer Plugged in for Winter Heat – This is used to keep trailer from freezing at night during the winter.
- Pull Out Detailing Tray – This is a 5′ x 4′ Tray to Hold all of our Detailing Supplies and to utilize the full space of the trailer
- Wet & Dry Vac – 1 for wet & 1 for dry pickup 200 CFM Industrial Shop Vacs
- Steam Cleaner – This is used to get out gum, crayon and sticky goo out of your car
- Vac Hoses – 2 sets for wet and for dry 11 feet long so we can lay the vac down and reach the entire car with out moving it
- Blower – This is used to dry the engine if we wash and floor mats.
- Air Purifier – This is a ozone generator to remove smoke or other smells from the car
- Concentrated Cleaners – Some cleaners we go thru so quickly in our spray bottles that we carry the concentrated versions of them with us
- Total weight capacity of the trailer is 2200 LBS. We are caring about 950 LBS with the tank full.