Both provide the something, a protection from scratches and from the sun. However they both provide different types of protection for different lengths of time. So I have place a Pro and Cons list of both.
Sealant & Wax, What to know:
- Sealant last up to 1 year or longer if you apply wax on top.
- Wax last about 3 to 6 months.
- You can not place sealant on top of wax, but you can place wax on top of sealant extending the life of the sealant.
- Sealant is harder than wax.
- Wax is thicker than Sealant Giving you deeper shine than sealant.
- Almost all new cars coming off the lot will have a factory sealant on it, So protect it with some wax!
- Wax bead water better than sealant and absorb the acid content in rain.
- Wax can hide minor swirls in paint
- Sealant will preserve the paint better than wax